Hop in your car and follow us on a tasting adventure through the East Side of Kauai, known as the Royal Coconut Coast. Take a short stroll down an old plantation road and learn about taro farming; sample burgers with a local twist and enjoy tastings at some of the East Side’s best farm-to-table restaurants. This unique food tour is centered on the regional cuisine of Hawaii, where the host community lives, eats and plays.
- Five tastings plus a farm tour
- Meet a passionate farmer with a doctorate and learn about Hawaiian culture and plantation history
- Discover farm-to-table food and unique history of the East Side
- Private tastings with some of the East Side’s best chefs, including regional legend Jean Marie Josselin
Every Thursday from 12:30 to 4:30 p.m.
Tasting Kauai Food Tours include tastings with some serious fun in Kauai’s most delicious and beautiful neighborhoods. Suitable for all age groups and fitness levels, you’ll enjoy delectable foods from one-of-a-kind specialty food stores, famous local restaurants and food trucks while receiving an insider’s view into the culture and history that defines the Garden Island. Walk away with new culinary perspectives, big smiles, satisfied taste buds and the confidence to explore new flavors.
- are a great way to learn about local purveyors and chefs
- a fun way to sample a variety of local foods
- introduce you to some of Kauai’s best chefs, farmers and restaurant owners
- the best way to start a trip for an introduction to local cuisine
- include a variety of stops with different foods to taste and enjoy
- provide generous tastings, enough to cover lunch and dinner
Your guides, Marta and Daniel Lane, are steeped in the local food scene. Marta is an author and freelance food writer and Daniel is one of Kauai’s top freelance food photographers. Since 2010, they have been to more than 90 farms on Kauai and have contributed hundreds of articles to regional and national publications.
Special notes to consider:
- Tastings and stops vary with seasons and availability
- Transportation is not provided
- Most dietary requests can be accommodated with advance notice
- Tours run rain or shine
Registration is open until 9 a.m. the day of the tour. You will receive an email confirmation immediately upon successful registration. Please read it carefully as it includes directions to our first meeting place. If you have not received an email confirmation from Tasting Kauai, please check your junk mail. For questions, call Marta at 888-431-6660 x1, or email her at email@example.com.
Regular Price: $99
Book Online Now and Save!
Enter the promo code ONLINE2017 and get 10% off of each ticket price
(Offer valid only at time of purchase and not to be used on refunds, exchanges or with any other discount)
Meet Your Guide
Marta Lane is the founder of Tasting Kauai, a company that offers three intimate tours. She is the author of Tasting Kauai – Restaurants: An Insider’s Guide to Eating Well on the Garden Island. Marta writes stories and restaurant reviews that have been published in AAA Hawaii magazine, The San Francisco Chronicle, Honolulu magazine, Edible Hawaiian Islands magazine, Honolulu Star Advertiser, Hawaiian Airlines, HILuxury magazine and more. For more than four years, her columns “Tastes of Kauai” and “On the Farm” ran every week in MidWeek Kauai and The Garden Island newspaper.
Praise for our Food Tours
“A MUST DO!! My husband and I did all 3 of the tours. They were all worth every penny! […]”
~ TripAdvisor Review
“I’ve been to Kauai twice now and this is by far the best activity experience I’ve had! […]”
~ Yelp! Review
Reserve Your Tour
We created our exclusive tours in partnership with farmers, chefs and artisans we know and trust to share the best of Kauai with visitors and residents. We strive to offer an experience like no other! Aloha and see you soon!
~ Marta and Daniel
Tasting Kauai humbly donates a portion of the proceeds from all book and tour sales to the Hawaii Food Bank – Kauai Branch. This quarter we were able to gift $394, for a total of $2,521. We are grateful for your support and appreciate your help in getting food into hungry bellies!
Private group tours are perfect for:
- Team Building Functions
- Corporate Events
- Large Friend Outings
- Family Gatherings
- New Employee or Intern Events
- Networking Groups
- Birthday Celebrations
- Singles / Ladies Groups
- Weekday Group Activity
- Culinary & Cooking Groups
- Bachelor & Bachelorette Wedding Parties
- Social and Happy Hour Events
- Bridal or Baby Showers
- Wedding Anniversary Party
- Holiday Party
- College Seminar and Groups
Benefits of a private group tour:
- Private and exclusive experience limited to your group members only
- Outstanding tour guides in limited group sizes to maximize time and interactions
- Easily accommodate typical private group tour size (10-20 guests)
- Excellent and fun team-building event for any business and employees
- Memorable outing and activity for family, friends, girlfriends or travel groups
- Option to customize length, start times, distance and number of tasting locations